Biodiversity - the variation of living organisms on the earth
If you want to register your biodiversity data, click on the yellow formula-icon in the right corner.
The biodiversity on CD-racks can be influenced by several natural factors, like:
- The oxygen content of the surrounding water.
- The salinity of the water in the area.
- Presence of predators like f.ex. snails feeding on sessile organisms.
- The time of year when the racks are put out.
- How long the racks are deployed in the water.
Chemical substances and sewage can also influence the biodiversity on the racks in an area.